yeah, the new Radiohead single is out.. and the lyrics are really meaningful as always...



in one aspect... to me, it could really be about the struggles of life.. as the lotus flower blossoms from the mud... so do we grow and "flower" in the midst of the shit in life..

so really, when life gives you lemons... just add vodka =P

however, another interesting take at the song, came to me when I watched the MTV for it... as a medical student, Yorke's freestyle dance moves just really reminded me of the uncontrollable motor tics that you see in Tourette Syndrome...





and its a interesting outlook... as normally such uncontrollable tics are shunned by the society, most not understanding the nature of the disorder, and viewing sufferers as freaks... but here, is a MTV that uses such tics to form a dance... beauty within the chaos.. and taking a second look at the lyrics.. some of them seem to fit in with such a view.

"... Invisible, do what you want, do what you want... Tonight I'll set you free... Slowly we unfurl... As lotus flowers... And all I want is the moon upon a stick... Dancing around the pit... Just to see what it is... I can't kick the habit...

maybe its cause the album is called "The King of Limbs"... maybe it wasn't intentional... maybe it was never meant to be... maybe its just me, but yeah, this song just seemed to have a whole new meaning to me ^^x