And yes, finally the demo is up. For most who still don't know about it... well.. google chrome decided to take things one step further.. and really challenge the biggies by giving themselves 1 year to come up with a much better OS.

And frankly, I gotta say, the demo is darn impressive.

So here is a quick video on the concept of Chrome OS.



And here is the real demo. Must say that at present, I think it is ideal for netbooks... For things on the go and when speed is essential... Love that 10 sec boot up... I can totally like start it up, check the mails, facebook alittle, and even play a few games while someone is off to the toilet or while waiting for the lecturers, or the bus... Its like you could even get it all done within a minute... that is freakily fast and convenient like a PDA... and if SONY VAIO continues in its line of smaller netbooks... this might actually be the thing to have...

But I must say, that at present, I feel it is still a tad restricted in format and minimality... it is great for the netbook.. but I think I will still stick to the other OS for my desktop... prefer how I have more control over how it looks and stuff... maybe it'll take a year or 2 to change my mind =P