Alright, I guess this is long overdue.. been wanting to post up my thoughts about this song, and I guess better get it out while its now hot in my mine.. okay.. so the original version just featured Green Day..



gotta say, its a great track!! The video really gives the lyrics that added depth.. in terms of what is important these days.. love conquering all.. the added comfort of finding someone in the midst of the chaotic world.. and that fragile nature of this love.. how close it might hit home and hit us all..

frankly, I love the lyrics to bits. Love the double-entendre of the lyrics.. especially the chorus..

" ... One, 21 guns,
Lay down your arms, give up the fight,
... One, 21 guns,
Throw up your arms into the sky, you and I... "


Here.. the use of "arms" can take on 2 forms.. both of which are quite appropriate. And my favourite line of the whole song is that of..

"... Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone... "

Take it from a more morbid view.. and it equates to my other favourite line from "Live like we're dying" ...

"... When you pray for absolution, there will be no one on the line... "

Okay.. So what really motivated me to put this up finally.. well.. I came across a cover version of the song.. basically Green Day collaborated with the casts of the musical "American Idiot" and came up with a fantastic piece.



It's like, suddenly, the same song, just feels so much more meaningful... love the vocal harmonics and the use of a higher octave for the final chorus... really sent the tingles down my spine ^^x