Was reading this article in Stomp! and just felt the need to share it.

With more pet lovers around me these days.. I guess I should just share my 10 cents worth..



Firstly, in Singapore...

Pets are not permitted on any public transport. Some taxis will take pets providing this has been requested at the time of booking.

And according to the AVA.. after the pet is transported, the vehicle should be sanitized and all... so yeah... that's the way its supposed to be..

So why are cabby folks turning down pet owners even if they are in carriers/cages?

Think of it from another perspective.. what is the person the cabby takes next is a muslim.. or someone allergic to fur? Who gets it? Not you... its the cabby.

Public eateries, with the exception to some outdoor dining areas, mostly disallow pets into the premises... so unless Singapore is going to start having some Halal cabs... I guess pet owners should either rent/borrow or look towards pet taxis like pet movers... true.. I am not a pet owner, and maybe I don't know the hassle of a sick pet.. but yeah.. there is always 2 sides to the story.