The shop caught my eye while I was at City Square Mall. Yes, I'm a sucker for such bright lettering. And on seeing that milkshakes were for sale, I was instantly sold.

Source: Makeshake Fb Page

Makeshake's concept is similar to that of Cold Stone Creamery, in that customers can choose from an array of add-ins to blend in. And boy are you spoiled for choice. Besides the usual Snickers, Kit Kat, fudge, raisins, granola, etc... there are more exotic items like English breakfast tea, earl gray, Nutella and even coconut. These are added to their homemade malted vanilla ice-cream and milk and blended into a smooth finish.
Gotta say, the main shocker for me was the size of the cups. I tried the Simply Marshella (Nutella & Marshmallow) for $3.90, and was simply stunned by the cute little cup I received. Yes, it is barely the height of my N9.

But, on hindsight, I would say that it was the right size. Having sold milkshakes before in TP, I would say, the cost of milkshakes is really in the volume of ice-cream used. Most vendors would increase the volume by adding ice, which ends up diluting the milkshake. Here at Makeshake, only ice-cream and milk were used, thus, the shake remained thick and consistent to the last drop.

Personally, I will opt for the larger cup ($5+) on a future visit, but that's just me. As Dawn put it when I shared with her, the small cup (about 2 scoops of ice-cream?) would probably be enough of a sinful indulgence for most.

So yes, if you get the opportunity, do drop by City Square Mall, Farrer Park MRT, and try it out. They're at #B2-K2/K11. You just can't miss the colourful sign! I will definitely be back again to indulge in the earl gray and breakfast tea flavours!