I have always felt that photography is about capturing that perfect moment.. when a person shows their true self, a hint of humanity, that glow... such that... I have believed that photos shouldn't really be photoshopped to enhance their raw look and value...

However, seeing these shots from Jen Gotch   has given me a new look at the whole issue... her collection "Defaced" is a series of Polaroid photos taken and having the thoughts of that moment, penned down on it... and I don't mean around it, or in the empty spaces, but just directly spanning on the photo..







A simple idea, yet really brings a new meaning to these photos... suddenly they connect at a totally different level to the viewer... like a peepshow to the life of the photographer at an emotional level.. you know.. maybe this holidays... I will try this idea out... something like shera's wall photos.. but maybe with this added twist to it =3 and yeah.. I really gotta improve on my handwriting first =P